Lochrin UltraGUARD™ SL2 was developed to offer a high-security single skin system, for a simple installation while offering a cost effective, security rated solution. Based on our traditional 358 Panel the vertical wire has been increased from 4mm to 10mm, providing a more robust system which negates the need for double skin 358 panels, or additional clamp bars and centre support posts along the fence line.
The system is ‘Secured By Design’ and conforms to BS1722 Part 14:2017 carrying full certification to LPS 1175 Issue 8: Security Rating B3 (SR2) as featured in the BRE Red Book. LPS 1175 is the requirements and testing procedures for LPCB approval. ‘LPS’ stands for ‘Loss Prevention Standard’ and LPS 1175 is one of many standards by the LPCB ‘Loss Prevention Certificate Board.
The LPS 1175 standard focuses on physical security including security fencing, with ratings split into different security ratings, with test requirements of ascending intensity. These are measured in terms of attack tools and also time available to the attacker. Once tested and approved, security rated products are entered into the LPCB Redbook, which is a key reference for specifiers, regulators, designers and end users to select products according to the risks that they and their property face.
- Full certification to LPS 1175 Security Rating B3 (SR2) Issue:8.
- Full certification to Secured by Design – a Police preferred specification.
- Heavy duty single skin design reducing installation costs and the need for a double skin solution.
- Increased vertical wire diameter to improve delay times for cutting.
- Compatible with Electric Fencing and Perimeter Intruder Detection, CCTV to give maximum security.
- Applications: Secure establishments including factories, Industrial sites, and Utility suppliers.
- Full specification drawings, Q40 tender documents and technical support available on request.
Constructed using 4mm diameter horizontal wires and a 10mm diameter vertical wires welded at each intersection therefore creating a strong and rigid panel. The 12.7 x 76.2mm mesh spacing ensures excellent security whilst maintaining visibility through the fence.
Standard posts are manufactured from 80 x 80 x 3mm Square Hollow Section. All posts include full length clamp bar fixing kits, leaving a clean and flush design.